Restaurant Review: Manoosh Pizzeria in Enmore

What up fam, ya boy is back at it again with the restaurant reviews. This time, I'll be reviewing a place that has some pretty average food, but the best slogan I've ever heard. Why go to the middle east when you can come to the inner west? Today's review: Manoosh Pizzeria.

Horrible quality photo of Manoosh. Source: Me.

Before I start this review, some warnings: Firstly, I only ate vegan food, and Manoosh isn't a vegan place, so they didn't have many options. Secondly, I went with my girlfriend, and then we broke up shortly after, so there's some emotional stuff there that might get mixed up with the review.

So, Manoosh is not a restaurant per se. It's lebanese fast food, mostly pizzas, wraps, and zaatar bread. On the night I went there, I was originally planning to take my ex out to Gigi's, which is a more upscale/fancy/hipster/wanky place, but she suggested Manoosh instead because she was in the mood for "less healthy, more greasy" food. Maybe I'll review Gigi's next time! It'll be cheaper now that I'm only paying for one meal. Probably not as fun, though...

Got sad for a second there! Let's cheer ourselves up by looking at the cute Manoosh logo guy.

I call him the Oosh Man. She thought that was funny. Source: Me.



Manoosh doesn't have many vegan options. They have a pizza, two wraps, and vegan garlic bread. We split the pizza and the Healthy Vegan Wrap, and they were.... fine. The wrap was just kind of a buncha veggies. Manoosh uses a sesame bread for its wraps that is absolutely delicious, but the actual contents of the wrap were kinda lacking. Just a buncha veggies, honestly felt like a non-vegan wrap that had just had the meat taken out. Just like me, the wrap seemed okay on the outside but was empty and hollow because of something missing.

The pizza was great. Great crust, good sauce, ingredients went right up to the edges. A perfect pizza to share with someone special eat alone.

I miss you. Pizza. Source: Me.

 Stuff You Should Know: 
  • Manoosh is mostly a takeout place, but they have tables if you want to hang around and... reminisce about stuff.
  • Like I said, not that many vegan options. 
  • Not all wraps have sesame bread, but you can request it. Would definitely recommend that bread, it's great.
  • The break up was my fault.
  • Manoosh has a website: Click here to check it out.
Final Rating:
It wasn't perfect. And sometimes it hurt, and it made me feel sad, or guilty, and I was scared of the way things were going to turn out if I didn't leave. So I had to leave. But it was beautiful, and I think it made me a better person, and I wish I could put all the love and happiness I felt into words but right now I'm in kind of a bad place and it's hard to look past the bad stuff. But I don't regret it, and I'll always remember our time together, Manoosh. TWO OUT OF FIVE.


Comments

Popular Posts