R.I.P. Review: Serendipity in Chatswood

Hey fam! Usually I like to write reviews of my favourite places to eat around Sydney, but you just got three great recommendations from Patricia last night, so I figured you could use a change of pace. Today I'll be "reviewing"  something a bit different: an ice cream shop in Chatswood... that is no longer there.

The former site of Serendipity. Source: Me.
Serendipity was an ice cream shop in Chatswood, which I first found out about because my girlfriend used to work there before we met. She said she used to wait alone in the store for hours, with zero customers ever coming by. We went there on a date once, and sure enough we were the only people around. I had no idea how they stayed in business. So I won't pretend this doesn't make sense.

Honestly, I probably never would have reviewed Serendipity. They aren't even vegan (although they did have vegan options). But I got pretty busy this week, and the store was about five minutes walk from where I work. By the time I found out it wasn't there anymore -- and apparently changed its name to "Miss Dipity's" before they left? -- I didn't really have the energy to find another place to review.

So, here's my review of the empty space where Serendipity used to be!

The place where the ice cream tubs used to be. Source: Me.
Food: 0/5. There was no food.

The kitchen at ex-Serendipity. Source: Me again.
 Cleanliness: 3/5. It was very neat and tidy, but a bit dusty.

Me. Source: Me.
Atmosphere: 0/5. Very quiet and a little spooky.

Stuff You Should Know:
Final Rating: 
It's literally not a restaurant anymore. But this trip was still more memorable than the time I actually got ice cream here, so... at least it's improved. ZERO OUT OF FIVE!


Comments

Popular Posts